It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:38 pm

Post subject: S3EP1.bin error...
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:32 pm  

Well, I've uninstalled and reinstalled multiple times. I've gone in and searched, finding every last nook and cranny of lineage I could and deleted it and reinstalled again. I continue to get "S3EP1.bin has stopped working" every time I attempt to log into WK, so I guess my time with you all is over, since there doesn't seem to be a way for me to get around this. I have disabled/uninstalled AV, disabled firewall, added everything I could to exceptions on both and still not getting on. So...its been great knowing you all, but well, I guess there isn't a fix for this at this time.

If, by some miracle, someone can tell me a fix, I am running Windows 7, and up until this episode, I have been able to work around everything else to get on WK. Very sad. :(

Post subject: Re: S3EP1.bin error...
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 5:31 pm  

One way or another we'll try to help you get this fixed Gwen, but we'll need to address issues that are affecting multiple users before we'll be able to really dig in on your specific issue.

Please have patience and we'll try to get to it ASAP.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 6:06 pm  

Gwen,

Have you tried setting compatibility mode on login.exe?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:18 pm  

Hanzo wrote:
Gwen,

Have you tried setting compatibility mode on login.exe?

Yeah. I did. Thanks.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:29 pm  

Have you tried XP mode? http://www.microsoft.com/windows/virtua ... nload.aspx

Somebody over at retrib.net also suggested trying to run login.exe as administrator (or not).

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:35 pm  

Try downloading Lineage-nforce-vista64.zip from http://members.shaw.ca/eternal/ and unzip the whole thing into your lineage folder.

All I know is that before CoT lineage didn't work on windows 7 64bit, so I had to use that to get it working. It's no longer on the install page, but I had it downloaded and just installed it when I got everything ready for the server to be back up on Sunday night.

Hope it helps.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:53 pm  

Ok, so after reading Westguard posting on HHM's thread, I uninstalled it all again (I had installed Crack of Time on top of U just to get to the point of logging in lol) and installed JUST CoT.

That brought me back to the mss32.dll problem. Soo...I did try running in XP compatibility mode and as administrator. Neither worked.

ET - I again tried your mss32.dll link you put up and THIS time it worked, but I had also tried the other vista-y link you put out there and now I'm getting this error message:

"libpng13.dll is missing". Or something like that. Any thoughts? lol

And thanks, guys, for your help.
:D

~~EDIT~~
Interestingly enough, when I look at my uninstall program list, there is no sign of Lineage or NCSoft or Crack of Time even being a program on my computer. However, there is most definitely a folder called "Lineage Crack of Time" with all the contents that I have installed. What am I doing wrong? lol

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:21 pm  

I doubt its anything you're doing wrong, you have or had AV and a firewall, if you have a good spyware scanner too I wouldn't be too worried. There's probably just some files getting mixed up from previous installations maybe?

In any case, I uploaded all the .dll files to my webspace, so if you need any feel free to grab em from the lin folder.

If any other files give you the same error, let me know and I'll post them.

Lineage doesn't really need to be 'installed' to run properly, once it's installed and working once you can just take that folder and pop it on any windows system (same os) and it'll run. So just grabbing the files you need should get it running and hopefully there'll be no issues from there.

Edit: It actually sounds like the installer isn't completing properly, it isn't making registry entries putting lineage in your installed programs list and isn't creating some of the files you need to run the game. Like I said, only the files portion is really a problem.

If anyone knows a way to make a checksum to compare 2 folders or just something that can analyze 2 folders that are supposed to be the same to see what files are different, that'd help a lot as I can't upload my whole CoT install, but a few files is no problem.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:12 pm  

with win7 64 it helps run the CoT setup at admin. I know most people log into their admin account to install however I usually right click then click run as admin on the setup exe.

Just a thought.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:42 pm  

eternalbl wrote:
If anyone knows a way to make a checksum to compare 2 folders or just something that can analyze 2 folders that are supposed to be the same to see what files are different, that'd help a lot as I can't upload my whole CoT install, but a few files is no problem.

You can use the tool provided by Microsoft: http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/de ... x?id=11533

Install it, open Command Prompt, cd to where you installed the tool, and run this command to generate the list of checksums:
Code:
fciv.exe -add "c:\Program Files\NCsoft\Lineage" -r -bp "c:\Program Files\NCsoft\Lineage" -sha1 -xml "c:\Documents and Settings\Kal\Desktop\Lineage checksums.xml"

Then, to verify the checksum against another directory, you can run:
Code:
fciv.exe -v -bp "C:\Program Files\NCsoft\Lineage" -sha1 -xml "c:\Documents and Settings\Gwenllian\Desktop\Lineage checksums.xml"